Become a Utah Blues Festival Sponsor
The 3rd Annual Utah Blues Festival is the signature fundraising event for the non-profit Utah Blues Society (UBS). It will be held Saturday June 17th at the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake City. This is the only festival in Utah dedicated solely to the Blues. Blues music uses the American experience as its voice and is a uniquely American art form. The festival showcases local/national blues artists, free workshops, and a Youth Blues Band for the people of Utah.
The John T. Gallivan Center is a newly renovated outdoor amphitheater located at 239 S. Main Street, in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. It features an expanded grassy amphitheater with a large tent on one side to provide shade in the summer. It’s a family friendly location with plenty of parking and public transportation options, (bikes, UTA & TRAX), to make the event easily accessible. The venue has a gorgeous two-story copper finished building that overlooks the main stage. It will serve as the site for the festival’s Sponsor and VIP Blues Club Patio.
The festival runs from Noon to 10pm. There will be high-quality Food Trucks, beer, wine, soda and water available. Kids under 12 are free.
There will be craft/arts and non-profit vendors throughout the day for you to enjoy. There is plenty of seating and room for blankets on the grass.
This year’s festival headliners include nationally recognized artists Kenny Neal, Rod Piazza & The Mighty Flyers, Samantha Fish and Annika Chambers. Local artists include Harry Lee & The Back Alley Blues Band, Better Off with The Blues and the Utah Blues Society Blues Youth Showcase.
Blues Youth Showcase:
Each year the UBS sponsor’s a Blues Youth Showcase band that opens the Festival. They apply for and then practice many weeks in preparation for the event. It’s our commitment to getting kids involved in blues and showcasing their talent.
Once again, the UBS will host free workshops during the festival for children and adults. A blues harp (free high quality blues harps provided to the first 100 people) workshop will be held in conference rooms in the adjacent Marriott Hotel. Last year’s Harmonica Workshop, one of the highlights of the festival, was standing room only. The details on other workshops will follow on-line.
About the Utah Blues Society:
The Utah Blues Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation with a mission to preserve Blues heritage, celebrate Blues recording and performance, expand statewide awareness of the Blues and ensure the future of this uniquely American art form. The Utah Blues Society is one of over 200 affiliates (national and international) of the National Blues Foundation based in Memphis, Tennessee.
The festival depends on support from individuals and businesses within the community to insure its continued success. We hope you will consider this opportunity to sustain our mission and generate exposure for you or your organization. The Utah Blues Festival is our main fundraising event. The money raised supports our programs throughout the year. They include:
- Blues in the Schools – We sponsor local and national artists/educators to engage school aged kids in customizable, (workshops, assemblies, etc.), in a multidisciplinary, (social studies. music, literature) hands-on approach to teach them about the importance of blues heritage/music in American history. We have worked with many kids, from many schools and some of them will be at the festival to answer questions and tell you about their own experiences with the program.
- Generation Blues – provides scholarships for qualified young artists, in the instrument of their choice, to attend Blues music/performance camps.
- H.A.R.T. – Provides financial assistance to Blues artists/families with medical and life altering events/emergencies.
- Exposure – Helps send Utah Blues artists to the International Blues Challenge held in Memphis, TN each January.
We anticipate 3,500+ attendees, representing a diverse demographic from throughout the region. Sponsor support will be recognized in various ways: the festival website, social media, radio spots, print ads and posters, venue banners, t-shirts, and stage shout-outs. Sponsor support is critical and can be provided as in-kind and/or cash donations.
2017 Utah Blues Festival Sponsor Opportunities:
These are the sponsorships levels available and are fully tax-deductible per IRS regulations. Utah Blues Society Tax ID # 46-5673826 SPO
Sponsors and Blues Club/VIP members will have exclusive access to the top floor and covered patio of the two-story building overlooking the stage. It’s a great place to relax, get out of the heat and mix with clients or guests. Sponsors will also have access to limited reserved seating directly in front of the stage.
Additional benefits – quantity based upon level of sponsorship
- Blues Club/VIP & General Admission tickets to the festival
- Access to the Blues Club/VIP Patio (includes beer, wine, soda, water, excellent food throughout the day and air conditioned or shaded seating.
- Access to all workshops
- Vendor space ~ if interested (10 x 10 – tent not provided)
- Commemorative Sponsor Poster
Please contact Tripp Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-989-4280 if you are interested in becoming/continuing to be a sponsor of the Utah Blues Festival.
Festivals like this, (non-profits), depend on support from individuals and businesses within the community to insure their continued success. We hope you will consider this as an opportunity to help us attain our non-profit’s goals/mission statement, (see below), and at the same time see value in it for you or your organization. The Utah Blues Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit and the Utah Blues Festival is our signature fundraising event. The money we raise goes towards supporting our programs throughout the year.
- Blues in the Schools – local/national artists go into the schools to interact with students to teach them about the music and the importance of this uniquely American musical art form.
- Generation Blues – scholarships for young artists to attend blues music/performance camps.
- A.R.T. – (Handy Artist Relief Trust) Provide financial assistance to blues artists/families with medical and life altering events/emergencies.
- Artist Support – Regional/national blues artists playing/touring throughout Utah.
- Exposure – Help send Utah blues artists to the International Blues Challenge held in Memphis, TN each January.
At our new venue, the newly remodeled Gallivan Center, we are expecting 3000+ people and our audience will represent a diverse demographic and come from throughout the state/region. Your support will be recognized in various ways: On our websites, social media, radio, printed materials, banners on-site, t-shirts, and from the stage. You can use areas of the Festival (Vendor/General) to promote your business, etc. Your support is critical and can come in the way of in-kind or cash donations.
We have a new area, created this year, for our Sponsors and Blues Club members in the two-story building overlooking the stage. It’s a great place to relax, get out of the heat and mix with clients or your guests. It will also be the site of the Youth Showcase and Workshops being held during the early part of the festival. It will be open throughout the event, and only Sponsors and Blues Club members will be allowed there during the Headliners’ performances.
There will also be a special area to the side of the stage that you can sit in if you’d like to get closer to the show.
These are the sponsorship levels available and are fully tax deductible.
Utah Blues Society Tax ID # 46-5673826
Additional benefits you receive (quantity is based on your level of sponsorship):
- Sponsor & General admission tickets to the Festival.
- Access to air-conditioned Sponsor/Super Shuttle Blues Club Patio (special wristband requried/provided) located in the gorgeous two-story Gallivan Hall, at the North end of the Gallivan Center, overlooking the Main Stage.
- Non alcoholic beverages, 2 beers & food available (from Even Stevens – Sandwiches With A Cause and Pat’s BBQ)
- Outdoor patio at this building will be open throughout Festival, overlooking Festival grounds and stage
- Access to all Workshops
- Free vendor space if you would like (10 x 10 space)
- Commemorative poster and laminate for the event
Please contact Tripp Hopkins at email@example.com or 801-989-4280 if you have additional questions or comments. Thank you!