Become a Utah Blues Festival Sponsor
The 4th Annual Utah Blues Festival is the signature fundraising event for the non-profit Utah Blues Society (UBS). It will be held Saturday June 16th at the Gallivan Center in downtown Salt Lake City. This is the only festival in Utah dedicated solely to the Blues. Blues music uses the American experience as its voice and is a uniquely American art form. The festival showcases local/national blues artists, free workshops, and a Youth Blues Band for the people of Utah.
The John T. Gallivan Center is a newly renovated outdoor amphitheater located at 239 S. Main Street, in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. It features an expanded grassy amphitheater with a large tent on one side to provide shade in the summer. It’s a family friendly location with plenty of parking and public transportation options, (bikes, UTA & TRAX), to make the event easily accessible. The venue has a gorgeous two-story copper finished building that overlooks the main stage. It will serve as the site for the festival’s Sponsor and VIP Blues Club Patio.
The festival runs from Noon to 10pm. There will be high-quality Food Trucks, beer, wine, soda and water available. Kids under 12 are free.
There will be craft/arts and non-profit vendors throughout the day for you to enjoy. There is plenty of seating and room for blankets on the grass.
This year’s festival headliners include nationally recognized artists Shemekia Copeland, Ana Popovic, Rick Estrin & The Nightcats with Kid Anderson, Danielle Nicole Band, as well as Christone “Kingfish” Ingram. Local artists include Tony Holiday & The Velvetones, Sarah Mcgraw, and the Utah Blues Society Blues Youth Showcase.
Blues Youth Showcase:
Each year the UBS sponsor’s a Blues Youth Showcase band that opens the Festival. They apply for and then practice many weeks in preparation for the event. It’s our commitment to getting kids involved in blues and showcasing their talent.
Once again, the UBS will host free workshops during the festival for children and adults. A blues harp (free high quality blues harps provided to the first 100 people) workshop will be held in conference rooms in the adjacent Marriott Hotel. Last year’s Harmonica Workshop, one of the highlights of the festival, was standing room only. The details on other workshops will follow on-line.
About the Utah Blues Society:
The Utah Blues Society is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation with a mission to preserve Blues heritage, celebrate Blues recording and performance, expand statewide awareness of the Blues and ensure the future of this uniquely American art form. The Utah Blues Society is one of over 200 affiliates (national and international) of the National Blues Foundation based in Memphis, Tennessee.
The festival depends on support from individuals and businesses within the community to insure its continued success. We hope you will consider this opportunity to sustain our mission and generate exposure for you or your organization. The Utah Blues Festival is our main fundraising event. The money raised supports our programs throughout the year. They include:
- Blues in the Schools – We sponsor local and national artists/educators to engage school aged kids in customizable, (workshops, assemblies, etc.), in a multidisciplinary, (social studies. music, literature) hands-on approach to teach them about the importance of blues heritage/music in American history. We have worked with many kids, from many schools and some of them will be at the festival to answer questions and tell you about their own experiences with the program.
- Generation Blues – provides scholarships for qualified young artists, in the instrument of their choice, to attend Blues music/performance camps.
- H.A.R.T. – Provides financial assistance to Blues artists/families with medical and life altering events/emergencies.
- Exposure – Helps send Utah Blues artists to the International Blues Challenge held in Memphis, TN each January.
We anticipate 4,000+ attendees, representing a diverse demographic from throughout the region. Sponsor support will be recognized in various ways: the festival website, social media, radio spots, print ads and posters, venue banners, t-shirts, and stage shout-outs. Sponsor support is critical and can be provided as in-kind and/or cash donations.
2018 Utah Blues Festival Sponsor Opportunities:
These are the sponsorships levels available and are fully tax-deductible per IRS regulations. Utah Blues Society Tax ID # 46-5673826 SPO
Sponsors and Blues Club/VIP members will have exclusive access to the top floor and covered patio of the two-story building overlooking the stage. It’s a great place to relax, get out of the heat and mix with clients or guests. Sponsors will also have access to limited reserved seating directly in front of the stage.
Additional benefits – quantity based upon level of sponsorship
- Blues Club/VIP & General Admission tickets to the festival
- Access to the Blues Club/VIP Patio (includes beer, wine, soda, water, excellent food throughout the day and air conditioned or shaded seating.
- Access to all workshops
- Vendor space ~ if interested (10 x 10 – tent not provided)
- Commemorative Sponsor Poster
Please contact Tripp Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-989-4280 if you are interested in becoming/continuing to be a sponsor of the Utah Blues Festival.