Your attendance at the Utah Blues Festival makes a big difference.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER OF THE UTAH BLUES SOCIETY?
Your membership dollars and future contributions go to further our Mission Statement and support our various programs:
- Blues In The Schools: (BITS) we conduct hands-on workshops and educational experiences in the schools to expands student’s knowledge of blues heritage and music. Local and national musician/educators participate in these programs, with an emphasis on underserved populations.
- Youth Blues Scholarship Fund: We provide financial support to qualified applicants under the age of 21 to attend and study the instrument of their choice at reputable blues camps and workshops. We also provide grants to local music schools with a blues curriculum.
- MUSICIAN ASSISTANCE FUND: We provide financial assistance to local Blues musicians in need due to healthcare related issues. The Fund also lends a helping hand to musicians that run into hardships while in Utah.
- International Blues Challenge: (IBCs) The IBCs represent the worldwide search for Blues Acts ready to perform on the international stage. As an official affiliate of The Blues Foundation your UBS membership helps support helps support and send a qualified Utah based band / solo-duo act to compete in this yearly challenge held in Memphis, TN.
- Your support also helps support our annual signature event, The Utah Blues Festival. This festival is dedicated to presenting different genres of blues music, free music workshops and educational programs to the people of Utah and our out of town visitors. It has grown into national caliber blues festival and become an important cultural event for the State of Utah.
In addition to all the tangible benefits above you will also receive the following from your UBS:
- The UBS Newsletters/E-Blast Updates, access to special UBS sponsored music events and workshops, and so much more! Become a member today and keep this uniquely American art form alive for future generations to appreciate and enjoy!